Thursday, December 10, 2015

Open carry...

In a few days it will be possible for Texans to carry their handguns openly in a secure holster, as long as they can present the proper licensing to carry concealed as well...As a licensed carrier for the past twenty years, I will continue to carry mine concealed, and easily produced when necessary...

While I support the right of other eligible Texans to brandish their firearms on their belts, I choose to keep mine under cover...I can reach mine just as quickly as they can, maybe even quicker because I'm not required to have a retention device on my holster...

When an armed assailant and I are both in the same enclosed area, and I learn of the other's intention, I don't purport that I will emerge alive and unscathed, but I'm pretty sure I've got 22 chances of doing so that I wouldn't have otherwise had, each chance weighing 230 grains...If you are there also carrying yours openly, you may become the first target as the assailant will seek to neutralize any threat to his (or her) success...

If that becomes the case, I will give you any covering fire I can from concealment as you draw attention with your openly carried gun...If you don't survive, I will also sadly attend your funeral services with bowed head...

More articles concerning Firearms and Shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and critiques are always welcome, and will be reviewed before publication...They will not be seen immediately...Keep it clean please...